Kompensator Scientific and Production Enterprise, JSC was created in 1981 as a Special Design Engineering Bureau. Today, Kompensator has become a leading Russian developer and manufacturer of bellows expansion joints (BEJ) and bellows expansion devices (BED) for the needs of different industries. In the initial stage of R&D, customers were mainly in the shipbuilding industry (Rubin Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering, Malachite Saint-Petersburg Marine Design Bureau, Almaz Central Marine Design Bureau, Northern Planning and Design Bureau).
During a period of active development of Russian rocket production, research and development projects were performed for the manufacture of bellows expansion joints for rocket-and-space systems developed by RSC Energia, in particular, for the Energia-Buran multipurpose rocket-and-space complex.
Currently, the company consists of design and engineering divisions, mass production, testing centre and certification body.
Over the past decade, the company has developed and continuously shipped bellows expansion joints for facilities in different industries such as:
- for process pipelines and unloading of pump-and-compressor equipment for oil refineries and petrochemical plants (LUKOIL JSC– UhtaNeftepererabotka, Sibneft-Omsk Oil Refinery JSC, RN-Tuapse Refinery LLC – gimbal, lateral and angular, unloaded expansion joints);
- for oil storage tank batteries (AK Transneft JSC, KazTransOil JSC, NK Rosneft JSC – angular, gimbal expansion joints);
- for oil pumping stations (Baltic pipeline system, ESPO pipeline – lateral and angular expansion joints);
- for turbine plants and general systems of thermal and nuclear power plants (Kudankulam NPP, Busher NPP, Tyan-Van NPP, TPP-5, TGC-1, MOEK – axial, lateral, angular, gimbal expansion joints);
- for the main heating systems in different regions of the Russian Federation (from Kaliningrad to Kamchatka – start, axial expansion joints, bellows expansion joints);
- for the shipbuilding industry (Admiralty Shipyards JSC, Baltic Shipyard JSC, Northern shipyard JSC, SC Almaz JSC, Baltic Shipyard Yantar JSC).
Kompensator SPE, JSC maintains a quality management system based on the requirements of international standard ISO 9001:2008 (GOST R ISO 9001:2008). The quality management system is accredited by the tüv CERT certification body of the tüv NORD CERT GmbH & Co. RG
Accumulated technological capacity and the use of modern methods of design and calculations, created using computer-aided design systems (COMPAS 3D, SolidWorks, Ansys, Cosmos Works etc.) make possible the development of bellows expansion joints for any parameters required by the customer. These are without restrictions for pressure, temperature and diameter.
The company carries out systematic works with the leading developers of pipeline systems and is actively developing new bellows equipment. Over the past 5 years, the company cooperates with design organizations in the field of operation loads calculation of pipeline systems including vibration and seismicity, which now uses the DPiPe program, specially developed for the calculation of pipeline systems.
This program was, in particular, used for the calculation of transfer pipeline of the AVT-1 unit of Slavneft-YaroslavNefteorgSyntez JSC (the same company is planned to perform the calculations of gas conduit for the KM-2 unit). Calculations were also performed on the pipelines for LNPP, Busher, pipings of turbine plants by Power Machines JSC, pipings of pump-and-compressor unit assemblies designed by Giprokislorod JSC in association with Cryogenmash JSC for the Seversk pipe plant JSC, Pervouralsk pipe plant JSC, Kazzinc JSC, Ural steel JSC etc.